JellyPages.com

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Life is Change



This is certainly the truth of life.  And today my life changes again.  For nearly 16 years I have provided day care for my grand kids while their parents worked.  It's been a wonderful experience - without regular hours.  I was available whenever I was needed, whether it be earlier than usual in the morning or later in the evening.   I have loved watching all of them grow up. It's been a learning experience.   I learned to cath Bubba and hook him up to IV meds when he came home from the hospital. I've learned to recognize the signs of a pending seizure, and what to do when it actually happened. I've learned to make "octopus hot dogs on a bed of sea weed".

We've made corn dog muffins.


We've made heart shaped pancake bites,

When they were all here in the summer, we had movie days where the lunch food coordinated with the movie we watched.  We did cotton candy on pixie sticks for "The Lorax".  They performed 'plays' for me.  They designed costumes.  

But today, a big change is happening.  Jake is starting kindergarten tomorrow.  His Mom took today off to spend the last day of summer vacation with the kids.  Yesterday, he kept hugging me (more than usual) and telling me that he's going to miss me.  When I reminded him that he will still be coming here after school, he replied, "wow, and we'll be smarter too."

To combat any sadness, I've been concentrating on the good things.  I will no longer have to watch children's programming all day long!  I will no longer have kids arguing over the Wii games!  There will be no  more battles over Minecraft games on their phones.(they are old phones that only play games).  But then again, my morning will not start off with hugs and kisses.  No one will ask me to open their drinks.  No one will help me fix lunch.  

And as I move on from what has been 'normal' for so long, I realize that Life is Change.  And I look forward to what the future holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment