JellyPages.com

Monday, October 6, 2014

Packing My Disney Bags


Our next Disney trip is just a little over a month away, so packing is definitely on my mind.  I thought I'd share a few of my tips with you.  Our family has T-shirts for each of the parks.  Most of them we've made with iron-on transfers, but some are handmade tie dyed and some are purchased.  As Hubby and I pack for our trip, we take the slacks or shorts that we are wearing each day and roll the tee shirt, underwear, and socks for that day inside the slacks.  Once we arrive at our resort, we unpack our suitcases and put our clothing in the drawers - Hubby's in one drawer and mine in another.  We then put the largest suitcase into the closet with the top zipper partially open.  Each night as we undress, the dirty clothes are put into that suitcase just as if it were a dirty clothes hamper.

My carry-on bag is a baggallini Message Sling Backpack.  This backpack is just loaded with pockets. I carry my water bottle in the outside pocket made of mesh.  In the other side pocket, I carry flavor packets for the water.  (Disney water doesn't taste magical!)  I carry our medications, a first aid kit, moleskin, my autograph book, my pin lanyard (when I'm not wearing it), the book of touring cards that I make, Hubby's camcorder and antibacterial wipes and hand gels.  (The hand gel size must meet TSA standards and be packed into a zipper bag).

In past years, I wore a neck wallet , like this one in my Etsy store.  But since Disney has replaced the Key to the World card with the Magic Bands, the neck wallet isn't as practical.  So last year I used one of my wristlets, also from my Etsy store.  My cell phone fits into the smaller pocket which is inside the main pocket.  You can also store your credit cards and identification cards in this pocket.  Inside the main pocket, I can carry my hand gel, a comb, my chap stick, and a pen.  The great thing about this bag for me, is that the wrist strap slides right over the tiller of my scooter.  But for the rest of the ladies in our family, they like the fact that when they are going on the rides, they can hook the wristlet to their belt loops with the attached lobster claw hook.

I have a to-buy list, that I have printed and am currently checking off the items as I purchase them.  Then, when it comes time to pack, I have another list (I love lists!) that I check off as the item goes into the suitcase, cosmetic bag, or carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment