JellyPages.com

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Frustration! and Success

The last few days have been a little frustrating.  I've felt like Goldilocks at the house of the Three Bears.  Let me explain.  Currently I'm working on a new item for the Etsy store.  I wanted to make part of it with an embroidery design.  I found a Betamax design that I loved, so I paid for my order and downloaded it.  I put it onto a zip drive, and stuck that zip drive into the embroidery machine, and selected the design.  I get an error message "exceeds sewing area".  So I email the seller and tell her the problem I'm having.  She was very patient, sent me a smaller design, and still I got the same message,  After an hour or two, I decided to give up.  Without my even asking, the seller refunded my money.  Yes, Goldilocks, design was too big!  Aaaaaah!

So I move onto Doc McStuffins.  Same deal.  This seller seems a bit annoyed when I email her, but sends me a different file.  Still same message.  I've given up on this seller - I have enough frustration at this point.  So, Goldilocks, this design is still not for you!  I find another and it fits.  I feel like Rocky climbing the stairs.  But when I stitch it out, there are two white areas above her eyebrows, and a white spot above her head, and another at her side. What's up with that! Oh, I could just scream.
I find another through a Pinterest site (a long way around, I know) and it looks ok, so I buy and download it.
 I stitched it out this morning, and I have success!

I buy a Batman logo, and although it shows in the file on the laptop, it won't show on the zip drive!  By now, Goldilocks is becoming more frustrated. Seems that the porridge has disappeared,  So I quit for a while.

Last night I found a Betamax design, a Doc McStuffins, and a Batman logo.  I also found a Darth Vader design that I absolutely loved.  Some of them were from international sellers, but they worked fine. Two of the designs were from an Etsy seller, and they are stunning - simple yet perfect. The Three Bears have not only arrived home, but invited Goldilocks to stay for dinner.

Right now I have a dozen embroidered blocks to use for the covers, and want to start putting the project together over the weekend.  I'll post photos when they are ready.  Stay warm!


No comments:

Post a Comment