JellyPages.com

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Some Days You Should Just Rest

This week I've been battling a head cold.  A cold always knocks the stuffin' out of me, and this one is no exception.  Yesterday, although I didn't feel so great, I pushed myself to sew.  What I should have done was just rest.


I've been working on a new project that I call Busy Buddies.  The outside will be machine embroidered.  The back will be a relevant fabric, Frozen in this case.
And inside, there will be a notepad, a click pencil and an 8 count box of crayolas. I think they will be a big help to Moms at a restaurant, in church, in a car, on a plane, or just waiting in a doctor's office.   The idea that I based mine on called for fusible batting.  In an effort to cut the cost and the bulk, I used fusible interfacing.  The result isn't good.  The Busy Buddy is flimsy and the pockets are too large.  I should have just rested, but I didn't.  I managed to finish 4 of the Buddies, all but the buttons.  I decided to start with 3 for my youngest grandkids and 4 for my friend Cindy's grandkids, So at least I only have to tear out 4 - I can be thankful for that.  Today I will un-sew those 4 and then rest.  Tomorrow, I will start fresh with the fusible batting and see how it goes after only one.

After reviewing my statistics for the two Etsy stores, my daughter (the former accountant) advised me to close the Linda B's store.  So this week, I have been combining it with The Frozen Mouse.  It involves removing each listing from Linda B's and re-listing it on The Frozen Mouse.  It is quite time consuming, and I've been working on it in the evenings.  I should finish that up tonight.

Maybe while I'm resting, I'll look for more new ideas for the stores.  Stay warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment